Standard Indigo Kantha Throw R1
- Hand sewed in approximately 23 hours (3 days), depending on experience
- Throws are half the length of a sari: approximately 2 m x 1 m
- New cotton saris are dyed in natural indigo for a rich, deep blue kantha throw blanket (a recycled cloth used for inner layers).
- Six layers of saris, hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional Kantha stitch
This quilt is made by Runu!
- Basha creates high quality, unique, handmade products which reflect their love for the traditions of Bangladesh. Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood.
Read more about Basha here
Send a message to Runu here
**Check our gallery for inspiration