€38,00 Sale • Save
- Handwoven sweetgrass & sisal
- Locally sourced natural fibres
- a loop on the back for hanging
- 31.5 cm x 8 cm
- Spot clean
- Bright colours will fade in direct sunlight
- Indego Africa sweetgrass baskets are handwoven with heart by artisans in Rwanda. Practising a time-honoured Rwandan weaving technique, the artisans use a needle and thread to wrap hand-dyed strands of sisal (the inside fibres of an agave plant) around bunches of sweetgrass to create tightly coiled, durable baskets in an impressive range of patterns and colours. Depending on the size and shape, each basket can take one weaver anywhere from 60-70 hours to make!