Standard Indigo Kantha Throw
€119,00 Sale • Save
- Hand sewed in approximately 23 hours (3 days), depending on experience
- New cotton saris are dyed in natural indigo for a rich, deep blue kantha throw blanket (a recycled cloth used for inner layers)
- Throws are half the length of a sari: approximately 2 m x 1 m
- Six layers of saris, hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional Kantha stitch
- Not only are these traditional Indian throws the most stunning shade of indigo, but they each feature a unique handprinted pattern on both sides.
Basha creates high quality, unique, handmade products which reflect their love for the traditions of Bangladesh. Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood
*Due to the handmade quality, base pattern and contrast variation will occur.
Read more about Basha here
Send a message to the artsan here