Fringe Floor Basket
- Handwoven banana leaf and raffia
- Locally sourced natural fibres
- 41 cm x 32.5 cm
- Spot clean
- Bright colours will fade in direct sunlight
- This item is not meant to carry heavy items for a long period of time
- We partner with artisans in Rwanda who make handwoven platters and baskets using raffia: a straw-like fibre that can be stripped from the inside of palm tree leaves. The fibres are found only in a special species of palm tree that grows abundantly across sub-Saharan Africa. The artisans weave the raffia fibres using a needle and thread, creating a range of shapes, designs, and products that look beautiful in natural raffia tones or when hand-dyed.
Read more about Indego Africa here
*Due to the handmade quality, some size and colour variation may occur.
** Check out our gallery or inspiration.