Uganda Blue Star Bukedo & Raffia Plateau
- Handwoven banana leaf and raffia
- A loop on the back for wall hanging
- Size 32 cm x 9 cm
- Natural Dyes
- Spot clean
- Bright colours will fade in direct sunlight
- Budo is the local term in Uganda for banana leaf stalks. Along with raffia that comes from palm trees, these materials are renewable, plentiful resources. The mission of this weaving group is to support as many other women as possible through the promotion of their handicrafts. Traditionally used for serving food, they are created by tightly wrapping smooth raffia over coils of baked stalks. They look great mounted on a wall, propped up on a shelf, or even sitting on a table.
* Due to the handmade quality, some size and colour variation may occur.
** Check out our gallery or inspiration.