Standard Vintage Kantha Throw M7
- Hand sewed in approximately 23 hours (3 days), depending on experience
- 100% reclaimed cotton sari cloth
- Throws are half the length of a sari: approximately 2 m x 1 m
- Six layers of vintage saris, hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional Kantha stitch
- Use as a blanket, bed runner or a sofa throw!
This quilt is made by Thamina!
Basha creates high quality, unique, handmade products which reflect their love for the traditions of Bangladesh. Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood.
Read more about Basha here
Send a message to Thamina here
**Check our gallery for inspiration