Standard Silk Blend Kantha Throw A1
- Hand sewed in approximately 23 hours (3 days), depending on experience
- Throws are half the length of a sari: approximately 2 m x 1 m
- Made of a silk blend of reclaimed sari cloth and vintage cotton: discarded by the producers for flaws, colour variation, outdated patterns, or was a remnant
- Six layers of vintage saris, hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional kantha stitch
- Basha creates high quality, unique, handmade products which reflect their love for the traditions of Bangladesh. Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood.
**Check our gallery for inspiration