Purple Chunky Knit
- Hand knitted in approximately 11-17 hours, depending on experience.
- 100% reclaimed cotton sari cloth
- Chunky Knit Kanthas are in size small 77 x 154 cm, medium 137 x 154 cm and large 158 x 204 cm.
- Recycled sari cloths are colour matched, machine washed, torn into strips and machine sewn together into long strips, which are then wrapped into balls of fabric and hand-knitted on a peg loom and finished with binding the edges and adding a personalized label by women in Bangladesh.
- This style of peg looming was created to give women opportunities to learn new techniques, particularly those who find the kantha technique difficult. Broken down into simpler tasks such as tearing sari’s into strips, we are able to employ women who struggle to do fine handwork.
Basha creates high quality, unique, handmade products which reflect their love for the traditions of Bangladesh. Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood.