Standard Vintage Kantha M71
- Hand sewed in approximately 23 hours (3 days), depending on experience
- 100% reclaimed cotton sari cloth
- Double sided
- Throws are half the length of a sari: approximately 100 cm x 200 cm
- Six layers of vintage saris, hand-stitched together by women in Bangladesh using a traditional kantha stitch
- Each blanket has it’s creators name stitched on it. You can read her story here
- Use as a blanket, bed runner or a sofa throw!
Basha creates high quality, unique, handmade products which reflect their love for the traditions of Bangladesh. Handcrafted by women who were previously trafficked into or otherwise engaged in formal or floating sex work (or at risk), now employed in work that brings dignity & livelihood.
Read more about Basha here
Send a message to your artisan here